News & Notes
We hope you had a chance to attend our April 27th webinar All You Need to Know About Practice Guidelines, presented by Dr. Kristen Thelen! This was our largest webinar to date, and we have received excellent feedback. If you missed the live webinar, it is now available on our website at www.americanboardofoptometry.org. Watching the recorded version of the webinar and successfully completing the 20-question quiz will also earn you 2 COPE-approved CE credits. Our next webinar, Low Vision in the Primary Care Practice, will be presented by Dr. Kendall Krug on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 from 8:00 - 10:00 pm EDT. Registration information for the webinar will be sent out in July.
Don’t miss our Diplomates recently featured in Women in Optometry for March 2020! Dr. Casey Hogan is featured for her guidance as a mentor. Dr. Dorothy Hitchmoth presents a podcast on The Primary Importance of Primary Eye Care. Dr. Jessilin Quint and Dr. Mamie Chan have been named to the Women in Optometry Advisory Board, along with current members Dr. Jenny Coyle and Dr. Lillian Kalaczinski. Dr. Frances Bynum authors Theia Overcomes AMD Standard of Care Challenges. Dr. Catherine Ferentini authors Managed Care Challenges Prompted a Fulfilling Business Model Change. Dr. Susan Resnick authors How the Right Multifocal Contact Lens Bolsters Our Revenues. And Dr. Jessilin Quint authors Trust in Their Provider and Education Can Help Glaucoma Patients’ Compliance.
Check out the following Diplomate articles!
- Dr. Cecelia Koetting’s Foreign Body Removal - Start to Finish, in the April 2020 edition of Review of Optometry.
- Dr. Katherine Mastrota’s Why Patient Occupation Matters with Dry Eye Disease, in the April 2020 edition of Optometry Times.
- Dr. Benjamin Casella’s Life with COVID-19 Makes a New Normal in the April 2020 edition of Optometry Times.
- Dr. Steve Silberberg’s Gene Therapy, The Future is Now in the April 2020 edition of Optometry Times.
- Dr. Aaron McNulty’s Prescribing Supplements for AMD in the May 2020 edition of Optometric Management.
- Dr. Rob Pate’s AMD: Prepare Patients for the Referral in the May 2020 edition of Optometric Management.
Optometry’s Meeting Canceled. While we are disappointed that we will not get a chance to see many of our Diplomates and Candidates in person at Optometry’s Meeting this summer, we are looking forward to seeing everyone at Academy in Nashville, Tennessee starting October 7th! Hope to see you there!
I'M A DIPLOMATE/CANDIDATE
LEARNING BUILDER ACCOUNT ACCESS
Check Board Certification Status
By going through the voluntary process of becoming board certified, our diplomates demonstrate competence beyond entry level.