Minutes are recorded for every Board meeting by the secretary of the Board, unless delegated to the Executive Director.
- The secretary is responsible for taking minutes for every Board meeting, arranging these minutes in a specific format and distributing them to the remainder of the Board.
- Prior to each meeting, the secretary submits a draft of the minutes to the Chair of the Board for approval.
- The Chair submits any changes to the draft of minutes.
- The secretary updates the minutes and distributes them to the remainder of the Board.
- At the next board meeting, minutes are approved and final copies are distributed to Directors.
- ABO staff stores a final digital copy of all minutes on-site for future reference.